Sunday, November 3, 2013

Alexis Bernard Weekly Blog Post

Karl Schmolz 



This week's blog post is dedicated to famous German architectural photographer Karl Schmolz. He was born in Weissenhorn in 1917. His father was also an architectural photographer an from a young age he was very interested in making his own photos. During the second World War he put photography aside to serve in the Army. After the war he was able to take pictures of the damaged buildings. Soon after, he began to make a portfolio documenting the next 30 years of his stay in Germany. He married another photographer, Walde Huth and they soon opened a studio together which focused on fashion and portrait photography. 

I chose this photographer because he inspires me with the photos he takes. I admire he eye for detail especially involving lines and shape. For my next project, I will be using some of his photos for inspiration. Above are a few of his photos I found very interesting. Be sure to leave some feedback if you like this photos as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment