Sunday, November 10, 2013

Catherine Meadows Weekly Post #12



          Mike Moats is an award winning macro photographer.  He is from Sterling Heights, Michigan.  He started photography as a hobby in 2001 and quickly became a full time photographer.  Many of his images have been in famous nature magazines such as Outdoor Photographer Magazine, Natures Best Magazine, Photolife, and many more.  He started shooting Macro Photography in 2006 and released a book in October of 2008 called "Tiny Landscapes".  The album of photos that I chose to upload today are from his flowers album.  I really enjoyed looking at these pictures.  I have always had a passion for macro photography and looking at his pictures made me want to start focusing more on macro photography again.  The way he edits his pictures makes them almost look like paintings rather than photographs. When I was first looking at them I thought they were paintings until I saw the description for the pictures which showed the F-stop and shutter speed at which the pictures were taken.  His pictures are very well taken and are very sharp.




No comments:

Post a Comment