Monday, November 11, 2013

MAGAN SHEPARD WEEKLY POST







This was one of the Photographers mentioned in class in reference to her collection of self portraits. we were having a discussion in class on the topic of body image and how important it is to show and explore every body type, not just the ideal body type that is shown on television and in every ad. Putting yourself in front of the camera can be difficult. It's kind of like putting yourself out there for everyone to see and critique. Her collection of self portraits make her seem fearless. In some of her pictures its almost as if she was trying to show off what society sees as imperfections. Like the one where she is grabbing her thighs, seems like she is saying "I don't care what you think I should be". She seems to be very courageous. 
I haven't taken any self portraits and I don't know if I will this semester. I don't really like portraits in the first place and I don't think I want to step in front of the camera right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment