Sunday, November 17, 2013

Olivia Beard Weekly Post #13




 This week's blog is dedicated to the random finds people can come across in everyday life. Markus Hartel was a "random find" that I happened to find. His work is very urban and street style. Hartel has so much to capture in the big NYC, and he displays all of this city's simple wonders in his images. I also see a sense of urban city life in black culture.

Hartel has a way of capturing his subjects by picking those who stand out. Hartel obviously pays attention to his surrounds, and his pictures are proof. Black and white or color, both types of images have great contrast to help focus in better on the subject and draw in the attention of the viewer. Looking at this man's gallery make me want to pay more attention to my surrounds. Hartel's pictures speak a message to me to "keep one's eyes open and you'll notice the little things and pleasures of life". I love how sometimes the simplest of things, and even the bizarre   makes beauty in the world.








No comments:

Post a Comment